This document provides instructions for installing SSL Certificates. If unable to use these instructions for the server, Symantec recommends contacting the server vendor.
Step 1. Download the SSL Certificate and Intermediate CA Certificate
- A link to download the Symantec certificate will be sent by email.
- Click the link in the email. Click Get Started then select Apache and HTTP Server from the drop down menu and Download.
- Extract both the IntermediateCA.crt and ssl_certificate.crt.
- Rename the IntermediateCA.crt file to intermediate.pub and the ssl_certificate.crt to my.pub.
- Save both the certificate files into a directory on the server. For example: /usr/local/ssl
Step 2. Install the SSL Certificate
- Creating a chained certificate is a matter of performing a few command line operations to 'cat' or combine the public SSL certificate and the Symantec Intermediate CA certificate together.
NOTE: These operations cannot currently be performed from the web Admin Interface. In an example, if the public SSL certificate is in the file 'my.pub' and the Intermediate CA certificate is in the file 'Intermediate.pub', type the following command:
cat my.pub intermediate.pub > chained.pub
- Open the Zeus Web Controller. For example: http://server:9090
- From the left-hand menu click SSL Certificates
- Open the chained.pub file that was created earlier and copy all of the text. Paste this into the certificate text box.
- Click Ok
- To verify if the certificate is installed correctly, use the Symantec Installation Checker